Tuning Forks Page Contents:
(Click on the headings below or scroll down.)
• Om Tuning Fork
• Chakra Tuning Fork Set
• Crystal Resonator
• What are Tuning Forks used for?
• How are Tuning Forks used?
• Meditation using Tuning Forks
These Tuning Forks are made of a special aluminum alloy that is heat-treated, and have been accurately tuned to precise frequencies. They emit pure, vibrant and long lasting tones. Each set and each individual fork comes in a protective velvet bag for storage and travel.
All tuning forks are weighted and are purposefully used for their vibratory quality. They are very effective either when the stem of the fork is placed directly on the body, or when sounded above the body. The sound and vibration is produced by striking the fork on the heel of your hand.
Remember that this is an information website.
Purchases are made by contacting me directly.
Scroll down to the end of the page for my Contact Details.
OM TUNING FORK R430.00
Click here to hear the OM Fork Sound (mp3 / 9.49KB / 9 secs)
A Sanskrit syllable most often found at the beginning of Buddhist mantras – the sacred tone, the totality of all sounds, symbolizes the fundamental nature of reality. The everlasting, never-ceasing tone of primordial vibration.
This is the Earth Year Tone frequency, calculated in exact harmony to the movement of the Earth around the Sun. The Earth Year frequency has been octavized up 32 times bringing it into audible range at 136.1 Hz registering a Csharp.
This is also the frequency of the Heart Chakra or Anahata. In India the Om is the keynote (known as Sadja) of the Sitar & Tambura. Indian meditational music is always played in C# for it is said to stimulate and make the soul resonate. The secret of the meditative effect of India’s music lies in this primordial tone. It creates a calm, relaxed feeling of well-being.
Press the vibrating tuning fork on your breastbone and your whole chest will reverberate. By humming and meditating on this tone. In this way you collectively (morphogenetically) tune into the mantric realm of the Tibetan holy people and the saddhus of India.
CHAKRA TUNING FORK SET (7 Forks) R2500.00
The frequencies & tones of the 7 Chakras are calculated by the Swiss scientist, Hans Cousto.
The tuning is based on the time that planets take to revolve around the Sun.
These exact tones were calculated by Hans Cousto.
- )Earth Day Tone (stimulating & vitalizing) – 194,18 Hz Note:G RedOrange
- )Moon (sexual energy) – 210,42 Hz Note: G# Colour: Orange
- )Sun (transcendence) – 126,2 Hz Note: B Colour: Yellow Green
- ) Earth Year Tone (relaxing, soothing, balancing, opposites unite, seat of Compassion) – 136,1 Hz Note: C# RedOrange
- ) Mercury (communication & voice) – 141,27 Hz Note: C# Colour: BlueGreen
- ) Venus (love, harmony, feminine) –221,23 Hz Note: A Colour: YellowOrange
- ) Platonic Year (cheerfulness, clarity of Spirit, Divine Inspiration) – 172,06 Hz Note:F Colour RedViolet
CRYSTAL RESONATOR R300.00
4096Hz ( Note of C ) - set at Pythagorean scale of 426.7Hz.
Tuned to a frequency of quartz crystal, octavized down into an audible range.
Strike your fork on a hard surface for it to emit its high resonance frequency and put the neck of the fork on the crystal to clear, activate & energize it.
Mars (creativity, will power, masculine) – 144,72 Hz Note: D Colour: Blue
Jupiter (art and creation) - 183,58 Hz Note: F# Colour: Red
Saturn (concentration & awareness) – 147,85 Hz Note: D Colour: Blue
Uranus (spontaneity & openness) – 207,36 Hz Note: G# Colour: Orange
Neptune (intuition & dreams) – 211,44 Hz Note: G# Colour: Orange
Pluto (group & interpersonal integration) –140,25 Hz Note:C# Colour: BlueGreen
You are welcome to phone me and make an appointment to see the Tuning Forks from my showroom at my home in Cape Town.
OR.....If you live upcountry give me a tinkle and due to their sound and vibratory effect, you will be able to hear the Tuning Forks over the phone.
What are Tuning Forks used for?
Tuning forks are powerful therapeutic tools used by healing practitioners to alleviate internal and external imbalances, blockages & pain, both on the physical and the subtle levels. They are used in different methods of Sound Therapy (see below).
- Where the sound / audible resonance of the forks sympathetically balances, harmonizes and relaxes the body.
- Where the tuning fork is toned above & around the body, rebalancing it.
- Where the sound of the tuning fork is used in personal meditation practice - either as a sound meditation support or as a point of focus for a sound/visualization meditation.
- Where the sound is toned using the voice, the body itself becomes the vibratory resonance chamber.
- Where vibration heals tissues and cells - when the vibrating stem of the tuning fork is placed directly on the body e.g. the sternum, vertebra, meridian and reflex points.
How are Tuning Forks used ?
- Tap the side (not the front) of the tuning fork on the heel of your hand, or strike a rubber wedge to make it vibrate with sound. Then apply the fork in the healing manner in which you are practiced.
- Hold the vibrating fork near the ears of your client and then gently progress around the body working to their highest benefit within their energetic field / aura. The fork has to be repeatedly struck when the vibration ceases.
- In meditation the sound of the chosen fork can be used as a point of focus and a meditational support.
- The Om Tuning Fork sound can be used as the accurate starting point to tone the OM / AUM mantra.
- Each of the chakras can be toned by the voice, using the set of 7 Chakra Tuning Forks. While doing this you can visualize the specific colour of the chakra, cleansing and rebalancing it.
- It is also possible to balance & tune all the chakras with only one fork. Drop your voice to its lowest possible pitch keeping it in tune with the particular tone of the chosen tuning fork and start at the Root chakra. Intone each of the 7 chakras, each in ascending pitch, moving up to the Crown chakra. Breathe smoothly and evenly in a circular motion. Move down the chakras again and then lastly up to the crown chakra. You can then sit for a while being receptive and conscious for energy to enter from above. This movement is helpful if you lack energy and are inclined to depression - also when 'hypo', dull or in Yin energy. If you are 'hyper' or Yang, are over stimulated, have inflamed emotions, of mind and body, have too much mental activity, then rather start with the Crown chakra and move towards the Root chakra first. Repeat this exercise going up the central column and in the third movement run back down from the head to the Root. Then sit for a while and connect with the rootedness of Earth energy.
- Mentally identify with the problem, painful area and where it resides. Choose your tuning fork and make it vibrate. Visualize the size, shape, colour, texture and then use the sound of the tuning fork to tone into it, until it breaks up, shrinks to a pinpoint and to nothingness. Thank it for its lessons and release it out harmlessly. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Use NO forcefulness.
- By using your own voice sing the specific frequency of the chosen tuning fork. Allow the resonance of this inner vocal vibration to reach your cells from the inside. Also actively visualize this healing. This sounding method is a natural way of stimulating, revitalizing & strengthening healthy cells, while stopping the degenerative process of others. Healthy cells seem to 'breathe' in a way that allows them to freely receive, absorb, integrate and return sound to the environment. This is the same with healthy people. A resonant communication and healing is made between the voice and living cells. The voice carries not only the physical imprint and the emotional colour, but also the subtle conscious and unconscious inflection - making the voice the most powerful healing instrument.
- Even a very weak vibration of an acoustic tuning fork is able to effect cellular change in the bio-magnetic and energetic fields. They can be used instead of acupuncture needles on meridian points, reflexology points and any relevant blocked or painful areas of the body or in the aura.
The tail of the tuning fork on the meridian point vibrates on both the physical and the etheric levels, dissolving the negative messaging, thereby also balancing the energy of both the blood and the nervous system. The master points along the spine and the reflexology points on the ears, feet, head and hands are also used in tuning fork therapy to re-establish the natural flow of energy, to the source of the imbalance or pain.
Please note that these prices continually shift due to currency fluctuations.
"When scientific research, spiritual practice and artistic expression work together, heaven and earth are in resonance. In the heart of the cells, in the spiral of the DNA, is the vibratory promise and the divine story."
Get to know the areas that correspond with the Chakra centres on the front of the body and then along the vertebral column.
When you speak with a client and you carefully listen to what they say, you can identify from which area of physical, emotional or mental body they are coming from. They'll tell you.....just be a good listener. Far more important is to listen with heart than to have your mind in the academic / analytical field. Learn these basics and then build your confidence.....and make them work for you in your unique way.
Often I ask my client where about in their body are they feeling that feeling, that issue, that stress, that problem, that anger, that loneliness, confusion (whatever word they use for what they are describing). Then I place the vibrating tuning fork to that area (if they point to the solar plexus, then I use the appropriate fork; afterwards I always use the heart tuning fork. The actual transformation and balancing takes place using the heart chakra fork. This fork can be used anywhere on the body).
Ask the person to describe what they are feeling and to describe the energy in this area - colour? Is it dark, muddy colour. What consistency has it?.....sticky, bloody, watery etc. Is there a smell? What is their face doing while they are describing it? Anyway get them to describe it using all the senses. Maybe it will trigger a memory and they will be able to track the density and blockage of that experience which is bound up in their body memory.
Then apply your sound. Ask them to breathe in the healing sound and take the breath to that place they have just described. Ask then to imagine or visualize the vibration disintegrating/ dissolving the problem energy so that it dissipates into the ethers until they feel that this area is clear, or when this is flooded with clear transparent white or blue healing light. Ask them to use their breath to breathe the sound vibration into the blockage or disturbance. You can also ask them to hum the sound of the fork into this area.
At this stage ask them what it is that they need to know/ learn/ be conscious of through this discomfort. Or ask them what this feeling is saying to them. (Often when they are feeling stressed with this area, they are not in the position to know or acknowledge what their learning is about this.This is often easier when they feel that they are relieved and unburdened from the 'discomfort'/pain/struggle.) There must be no rush when doing any of this. Effectively you are doing 'Feng Shui' of the body.......but you are supporting your client to make the effort with your confidence, experience and skill, to heal/repair/ be kind to themselves. By listening and humming/sounding into their bodies, they are 'efforting' in healing themselves and changing the victim/helpless consciousness to a more centred self-empowering way of being.
- The vibration is self correcting using it from outside in, on various polarity points, chakra points or points identified by the client him/herself.
- The humming into the space is using vibrating from inside out
- Client is actually taking responsibility by identifying the place, emotion and triggers that have created this problem in the first place. This can lead to realization of one's repeated patterns.
- Our intent and skill is healing and building our energy so that it may take over and do the work itself.
- We are creating the space to raise our consciousness through the medium of sound.
- This is all adding to the view that everything is sacred space but we are not conscious yet. We don't need holiness for sacred space....initially we need some obedience to the rules of harmony and respect. Eventually we become the mirror of this and then finally the mirror will be reflected through us. As Gandhi said: "Become the change you wish to see in the world".
See more about INTENTION on About Sound 1 Page under the heading of 'Act of Intention'.
If you need to have a chat, then please give me a tinkle and maybe I can make it clearer.
TUNING FORKS MEDITATION
Psychological difficulties or trauma sinks into the unconscious and gets ‘time-locked’. The physical energetic body also gets ‘memory-locked’ deep into the cellular energy. The physical, emotional, mental bodies having embedded the damage, bubble up and manifest as physical disease, neurosis and/or mental aberration. This can be triggered at any time when a situation resonates with the original experience. Sound is capable of merging - when the audible, physical vibrations sympathetically resonate, retuning the energy so that healing occurs.
All past memories and all future potentialities are stored in our vibrational body.
Psychoacoustics is in its infancy, and we are only now beginning to understand the precision in which sound patterns can affect brain and cellular processes. By using different frequencies, it is possible to resonate different areas of the body, thereby triggering emotional/mental activity associated with those areas. The applications to psychotherapy and disciplines involving the body/mind interface are very exciting.
- Close your eyes gently.
- Centre attention on your breathing. Settle down and breathe using your navel.
- Ask yourself where in your body you identify the issue at hand.
- Move awareness to the part of your body where you feel the pain/discomfort/ tension/ the specific feeling to be.
- Rest there. Be aware of any sensations.
- Simply accept what is there - no fight, no struggle.
- Visualize the size, shape, colour, texture of this problem.
- Ask what it is that you need to know. Fully acknowledge what it is your bodymind is saying to you.
- Breathe into this area for a while.
- Hold the vibrating fork near the ears and on an in-breath draw the sound down your spinal column spreading it to all parts of your body, focussing it into the area you are working with.
- By placing the ‘tail’ of the tuning fork on the specific area, impacts on both the physical and the etheric levels, dissolving negative bodymind messaging and transforming it (affecting cellular change in the bio-magnetic and energetic fields). Repeat the position of the tuning fork as many times as is needed.
- Be gentle. Be Kind. Use no forcefulness.
- Breathe the sound in and visualize shrinking the problem to a pinpoint and into nothingness.
- Thank it for its lessons and release it out harmlessly.
- You may wish to lay your hands gently on the area of discomfort.
- Ask if there is another area of your body that needs attention & work with it in the same way.
- Quietly repeat these 3 phrases: May I be healed. May I be happy. May I be peaceful.
- Allow feelings of loving kindness and compassion to flow through your body.
- End by resting in thankfulness.